Just the other day I went to bed and starting thinking about what I actually wanted to do with my life. I realized it is not helpful to pick a profession you want to have, instead you need to create a list of things you want to be able to do in the career you chose. This is my list.
- I want to have a social job where I spend a lot of time collaborating with other people, talking and listening.
- I want to be able organize and create something I care about.
- I want my work/finished product to help other people out in some way.
Bonus points are added to my dream career if it involves:
- Art, Graphic Design, Music, creative things!!
- Fun events and meet-ups
- Productive yet still fun and easy-going environment.
That’s all! This was actually a very liberating experience creating this list. Figuring out what you want to do is half of the battle when it comes to finding a career. I think actually obtaining that career is going to be a much longer, harder, more frustrating battle, but I’m ready.